Sunday, March 9, 2008

Hair Challenge inspired by Chi and Exercise Challenge

So on one of Chi's blog entries, she talked about her hair regimen and I think it's about time that I start to follow her hair routine! I usually wouldn't do that type of hair routine, but I'm challenging myself to do it. I know that sounds corny, but I am a person who shampoos her hair every single day and can't bare to not shampoo every day, so this is quite a challenge for me!

I definitely know her hair routine is good because I remember my haircutter guy telling me that I should only shampoo twice a week since he said that my hair is too dry. So if a professional salon guy haircutter is telling the same hair routine as Chi mentioned, I am sure this hair stuff should work!

Now the problem is, is that I'm scared my scalp will end up all itchy and stinky and my hair will end up all greasy and limp. I am really scared of that, but for right now, I'll try out an "shampoo every other day" routine to get into a better habit. And....to cheat a little bit, I'm gonna use a light mist of leave-in hair conditioner on the days I don't shampoo or condition my hair, only rinsing it with water in the shower.

Today I actually started this hair routine. I went to the shower and didn't do anything to my hair--which cut down my showering time too! So I'm assuming that with this routine, perhaps my parents will see a decrease in the water bill? hahhaaha.

Also, since I went to CVS with my bf to get the Milani, we also got 3 bottles of Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo, and I'm back using that again--thank god! I ran out and dandruff came back. Once I started using it again, my dandruff was in control and down to a minimum. So hopefully, with this new and improved hair routine, I will have moisturized(but not greasy) hair and a healthier and non-dandruff scalp.

Oh, I forgot to mention, maybe, just maybe, if I get lucky, my acne will go down too? My bf told me that ever since I ran out of the clear-shampoo Suave and used the thick Pantene shampoo, he noticed more dandruff on my head and more acne on my face....so hopefully with less usage of shampoo overall will decrease my acne, and on top of that, using the Suave will hopefully ensure minimal dandruffage.

I hope this all works out nicely! Wish me luck :)
___________________________

Now for the exercise business.

I need to exercise. I am a freakin SLUGGG. Texas apparently had a mandatory fitness test for all HS because our state is apparently "fat" and very "unhealthy". Well they certainly proved to me that we are indeed unhealthy! Despite that I am skinny, I am NOT healthy. I couldn't run very long and my sit ups count was too little! I mean seriously, what if I need to run away from a freaky dog or from a kidnapper? My body would fail me and I'd be caught by either one of them!

It's so sad to the point where when I walk up one flight of stairs, I'm already tired. Yes, it's that bad, so I have got to go to the gym this summer and start jogging again and stretching. Plus, who wouldn't want a killer body, you know? I'd like to have those abs like those VS models. You know, one of those soft-girl-two-packs that have the "line indentions" at the side of your abs. Who wouldn't want super nice legs? I guess what I'm trying to get at is maybe I can "tone" myself--NOT get skinnier. People often think that skinny people don't need to exercise etc, but I dont' see anything wrong with toning the body and gaining some lean muscle and just being plain healthy. I know I don't need to get skinnier, and I wouldn't want to--I want some curves! *pokes at Chi again for her to share some of her curveness* .

I've been horrible about what I eat, and maybe that's why my performance at school has gone down slightly? or maybe it's senioritus XD. I just ate a whole Cheez-itz box to myself and 1 and a half boxes of GirlScout cookies (Caramel Delites) and eating school cafeteria food isn't doing too good for my body too...so I guess I better start eating more fruit! I did get a slight head start in eating a LOTTT of watermelon since the one my mom bought was sweet and juicy. I should keep that up >.>....

Since my membership has been frozen for the gym until summer (my mom froze it since I don't have time to go to the gym right now since I'm in school so we're saving the days for summer instead), I can't really jog too much...so maybe I should do like 20 sit ups, 20 squats, and tons of stretching every day just to get a head start--and hopefully I'll stick to my plan! And hopefully some of my friends will invite me to play tennis again because I really like to play tennis (I used to be on the school team for 2 years) and it's good exercise. You know what...ever since I quit tennis all my muscle has turned into blubber and I can barely run a mile now! And I lost all of my flexibility. I used to can drop to the floor in a few seconds into a full splits, but now I can't. I can barely touch my toes now--aaaaaa! I better get started on getting my health back! Wish me luck on that too! hahaha

5 comments:

ChyiX2 said...

Wow, imagine me checking out your blog and seeing my name in the title. What a surprise, certainly didn't see that one coming. I am keeping my fingers crossed, hoping that your hair project will go well. Leave a comment in about 2-3 weeks time and let me know how it went. 3 weeks is normal for hair and scalp to get adjusted to the "new" routine.

Ah, I just joined a gym in late January, now I started working out as well. Phew, gotta get used to it LOL Keep up the good work!!!

Violet Honeybee said...

I haven't been to the gym in months even though the bf and I both have a membership! But a lot of people have been commenting on how fat he's gotten so hopefully he'll go work out rofl!

Fabu-less Beauty said...

Great blog by the way! I have dandruff problems too. What I do is put a drop of tea tree oil in my shampoo and massage it into my scalp.

I wash my hair every other day, so for second day hair, I use a paddle brush to distribute the oils from the top of my head to my ends.

Citrine said...

hey, I just came by your blog while googling for styli-style eyeliner (ahem, I actually came by a few times already)

I don't know if this helps or not: I have a habit of washing my hair every single day (unless I pull an almost-allnighter and feel like napping for 2 hours.) I have normal scalp (I think) and whenever I think washing is stripping down my hair, I just rinse and condition or your can say it's washing with a conditioner. It think you hair would feel cleaner without being dried out. ( At least that's for my case)

I remember I did that for a whole summer when I was still in elemantary school ( kids don't bother to read the label) and I was wondering why that particular shampoo didn't foam...

Citrine

Cookie said...

I feel your pain! ahaha I hate going up stairs coz I die up top...a good set of stairs is MAX 3 steps...anymore and I'm screwed haha >_< so unfit...

Disclaimer

All products are 100% my opinions and thoughts. I am not paid to review any products I post. Use the product and advice/suggestions at your own discretion. Thank you!

Thanks for Visiting!