I'm just gonna use this post to list whatever I've been wanting to have. I've been reading so many reviews and searching near and far for swatches and extra opinions, so if anybody has any extra input on the stuff I'm about to write, I'd greatly appreciate the extra opinions, recommendations, warnings, praises, etc for the products. My bf will probably be taking me to ULTA during spring break, so I'm trying to get together exactly what I need/want so I don't make him stand there all day in a makeup store! haha. Also, I can't waste the whole day on that--I'd like to spend time with him since we don't get to see each other as often. (plus since I can't get to a makeup store that often, I wanna be sure I make the most of every visit to the store and not regret what I buy!)
1) NYX Doll Eyes Volumizing OR Lengthening Mascara-- $8
I read every single review MUA had to offer on both of these and I'm having so much trouble deciding which one to buy! I heard great things for both. I just don't know which one is more suitable for our Asian lashes. I'm particularly looking for one that doesnt OVERLY volumize, but doesn't make my lashes look super-natural-ish either. I was thinking of getting the Lengthening once since I'm sure I'm able to add more coats to get the lashes thicker, and since I heard good things about both Doll Eyes mascara on their separation feature. This costs $8 and I needa know which to buy :O . BUT when I did a picture search on MUA, this lady had the Volumizing mascar on and her lashes look EXACTLY the way I want my lashes to be, but she's caucasian so I'm not sure it will work the same for me =/...that picture made me convinced to get the Volumizing one, but I'm still not sure which one to buy! I PMed that girl but haven't received a reply yet. Hopefully I do get a response soon. Does ULTA allow returns on opened products..?
2) Queen Helene Grapeseed Peel-Off Mask-- $3
Actually, just about any mask will do for me at this point. I'd love to find a great mask that will exfoliate, smooth out, brighten , and control the oilies, and be affordable on top of that, but maybe I'm just asking too much! XD I was considering this mask since it's so cheap.
3) Milani Eyeshadows in Shamrock and Blue Lagoon--about $5 each
When I visited Vanessa Garcia's blogspot, I practically fell in love with these two colors. Love them. I'm not quite sure if the Shamrock will look too "powerful-colored" on me or not, so I'm debating whether to get Milani in Shamrock or whether to get NYX's Green Tea. What's your suggestion on the green eyeshadows?
4) NYX Eyeshadows(need help in color decisions here XD)--about $4 each
- Not quite sure what colors to get yet since I'm trying to avoid getting colors that I already have. I'm pretty limited on my money so I wanna make a picky choice to pinpoint which ones I know I can and will use. As I have mentioned before, I'm eyeing Green Tea but still debating on to get that or the Milani Shamrock.
EDIT: Is Mermaid Green better than Green Tea? I'm now debating between 4 things for green: Milani Shamrock, NYX Green Tea, NYX Mermaid Green, or NYX #8 Trio (green pallet that includes Spring Green, Lime, and Green Tea)
- I'm also debating what to get: Rust, Burgundy Pearl, or Prune. The look I'm trying to get from those colors is using one of my lighter pinks to blend into a darker mauvey color. In particular, I remember Stephie making a tutorial for a Pink look and I want to make one just like that, except with NYX cosmetics because they are much more affordable for me. (Any recs on colors please?).
- I'm also eyeing the loose pigments in Yellow Gold. I'm trying to find a gold and yellow ish color that can double as yellow when I want to make that yellow-green-blue tropical look and have the regular gold color to double as that christmasy gold that Stephie used in her Holiday FOTD. I prefer the pressed eyeshadows rather than the loose pigments since the pressed are easier to use IMO and more convenient, so to try to find that gold/yellow that can double up in lots of looks, I was debating whether to get from the pressed single shadows: Blondie, Yellow Pearl, Gold...and I think thats it. I did look back at the ABB NYX swatch that Alienman created for us and I looked at Sugabum's swatches since she had a great variety of these colors, and I'm still having a hard time deciding. AAA I wanna know.
- Since VanessaGarcia showed the swatch for the NYX Lipgloss in Beige, I was thinking of getting that too since it looked pretty :) But I already have so many lip products and I'd feel guilty if I bought more! Tell me, is it worth it to get this lipgloss? Actually, you know what? I would like to get an orange lipgloss. You know, it's those orangey colors that you see the people over in Asia wearing. It's not too sheer of an orange, but it's not a powerful-in-your-face orange either. I'm searching for a girly orange that gives just enough of a hint of orange to brighten the face.
I fell in love with the Cream-to-Powder one and now I want the pressed powder to try it out since Buff was such a great colormatch for me. Too bad the ULTA at my area doesn't carry Milani anymore. They said that they discontinued it because it wasn't selling at all =/...so I'll have to stop by a CVS for it. The one near my house has all the colors, EXCEPT Buff. What luck. I'm hoping my bf will be gracious enough to take me to the one that isn't too near the house since it's on the way and in the same street as the ULTA. I just want to quit chucking out $13 for that Neutrogena Mineral Pressed Powder. Although I like it, it's too expensive for me to repurchase and the color isn't as good as the Milani Buff color.
6) Dove Pro-Age Finishing Hairspray - Long Lasting Hold--about $5
I saw that d0rksta (from youtube and blogspot) recommended this product for holding up her curls in her hair and since Prom is coming up in May for me, I'd like to find a hairspray that will hold the curls all day without all that crunchy crispy hard hair feeling you get with other hairsprays. Anybody have further input on this product? I want to ask that girl myself but she's busy at the moment with her BF coming over so I don't wanna bother her.
7) A Hilighter
I saw in Jeban's makeup tutorial that she used a Clinique Hilighter stick thingy on her nose and cheeks and forehead, and I wanna get one of those! Except problem is, is that obviously the US doesn't carry that product :( So I'm trying to find an alternative to it, and affordable one is preferred. So far I am using Date Bait from SilkNaturals, but it seemed to have sort of a tanned glow which isn't want I'm looking for. I wanted a hilighter just like the Clinique one that Jeban used OR the Ettusais Hilight Powder (except I can't get my hands on this one since it's online and it's too expensive for me!) Does anybody know any hilighter that is under $10, preferably hanging around the $5 range?
I am hoping that the ULTA has NYX. The first time I called in, the lady said they do not carry NYX. Then I called a few weeks later and the man said yes they do have NYX. HOWEVER, I don't know if the man accidently mistakened what I said as "NYC". I sure hope that he understood what I said in that they do have NYX! I'd hate for my bf to waste his time there driving me all so that there isn't any NYX there, you know? And since there's no Milani there either, that would be even worse.
If yall could give some input, I'd really appreciate that to help narrow down my list since I'm limited on my money and my trip to the store. Thank you :)