Monday, April 7, 2008

Epistick Review

EDIT (4/14/12)****

I no longer use the Epistick because I'm a total baby and it really hurt to pluck out the hairs closest to my nostrils. I now just get it threaded at the store. For those that it worked for, that's wonderful, but for me, I think the hype lasted for a little while and now I don't like it anymore. It's still very functional and works, don't get me wrong, but its just less painful to get it threaded in one shot


Hi everybody!

I see that a few of yall are curious of this Epistick lol.

Here's a youtube video on how to use this really easy device:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IdlzOgS3sos&feature=related

****EDIT****

here is the direct link to where I bought my Epistick. HOWEVER, this ebay thing has ENDED, but go ahead and message the seller to see if they put up another bidding link for the same type of sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370028095036


Here's my opinion of it:

1) Does it hurt?

It hurts just as much as you tweezing, except the pain you endure is "quick", not "one by one" like you would get from tweezing, so you get past the pain quicker, BUT not as quickly as you would by waxing. The first time I used it, I CRINGED at the pain. I usually get sensitive to pain from tweezing and all, but after using it for a while, I got used to it and now it's actually addicting to feel all that hair come off XD

2) How much does it cost?

I got mine off of ebay. Search around and you will find cheaper ones. Some sell for $5 and shipping and handeling is also around $5, making the entire thing $10, but what I did was bought 2. It costed me $5 for one, and $2 for any additional EpiStick and then shipping came along for $3 or so dollars.

3) How long did it take you to receive your Epistick?

Like...2 and a half weeks to ship from Asia

4) Does it really actually work or is this product a gimmick?

It really actually works!!! I'm not kidding at all. My boyfriend notices my upper lip fuzzies are gone! Now if a guy notices these fine thin hairs are gone....the product must be working ;) I recommend to do this Episticking AFTER SHOWERING when it's easiest for the hair to come out with less pain. Make sure your face isn't drenched in water though. Be sure to dry off your face first and then Epistick.

5) What else do you think of it?

I think this is such a genius product!!! It's VERY convenient and slim and gets your hair out really quickly--you can actually see the hair on the coil that was pulled out. It's really easy to use and I honestly think everybody should get one!!!

Rating (Using Nessa's form of rating--hope you don't mind me using your style for rating products Nessa!)

Overall: 5 out of 5
Price: 5 out of 5
Would I buy this again: Heck yes

If yall have ANY questions about the Epistick, I'd be glad to answer you the best I can :)


10 comments:

ilurvemakeup said...

It looks scary haha I'm gonna buy the stuff that (g) recommended instead ;) Thanks for the review though :D <3

Fabu-less Beauty said...

Thanks for the review! This reminds me of threading for some reason. I'm a little afraid that it might cause red bumps or acne...let us know if you experience this after multiple uses.

petitebelle said...

ok enough said girl, you have my SOLD . thanks for the review :) I just ordered one!

jie-jie said...

ahhh.. I wished it worked for me. I got this like a year ago. But 90% of the time, the roots doesn't get pulled out. There are areas I cannot reach because of the way you hold the epistick. Could you show how you use yours? I might be using it wrong.

Vi Anne said...

I hope I find this at Chinatown. I'm still apprehensive about this coz I have never taken any hair on my upper lip yet. Just bleach. Would you mind telling us the name of the ebay seller you got this from? I'm afraid to make the order from the wrong seller...

IchigoBunnie said...

jie-jie:

Yea, sometimes it doesn't pull out the root directly (but a lot of the times it does for me), but I think only waxing can officially take out the root. I think this is probably the cheapest and quicker option versus tweezing because when I was tweezing, the process was slower (and more painful since it was one-by-one)

I actually Epistick myself just like the video. TBH, I still have a tiny bit of some fuzzies still on my upperlip because I am a chicken and am too scared of the pain of plucking right there (at the cupids bow) Though this may not be as great as waxing, it sure comes close!

(g)ezebel said...

girrrl, i am too lazy to twirl that stuff around my mustache.

my epilator is battery-operated (i also have a bigger one that's electric).

the biggest difference is cost. my epilators cost me a total of $80+ and i'm sure the epistick was not as expensive. i might hafta get one for my purse, though!!

Anonymous said...

thanks heaps for the review!
im gonna get one now :D :D

xo

Anonymous said...

Hi! So I was wondering... How long do you have to wait til the next time you use it? Is it long-lasting?

IchigoBunnie said...

anonymous: i actually dont use this product anymore. i get mine threaded.

results didnt last as long as i wanted either since sometimes it didnt pull from the roots like threading and waxing can.

Disclaimer

All products are 100% my opinions and thoughts. I am not paid to review any products I post. Use the product and advice/suggestions at your own discretion. Thank you!

Thanks for Visiting!