Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Lurveable Challenge

Okay so I tried Lurve's Challenge just for fun. I've never done any tutorials before so get ready to have a craptacular tutorial ahead! XD

I was rushing to do this so I'm sorry for the sloppiness or any unblendedness. I'm really not good with the camera so I still can't capture the lighting correctly =/, which sucks.

When I put this "look" I created on me, it looked so much better on the paper than on me XD. I think it's cuz I don't have that great of blending skills, but for those who do have blending skills, I'm sure yall's will end up much better looking than how it looked on my eyes!

The pictures just doesn't do this look any justice. It really looks better in person. The camera makes the look appear all muddy when it really doesn't look that muddy!! >=( So please cut me some slack due to camera issues ;.; and please use your imagination of how it's really supposed to look if the camera and lighting works!

oh well....here it goes -_- ....don't laugh at my amateurness >.>


The basic layout


I wrote down all the stuff I used and where I used it


Curl lashes, or, you can do that at the end if you want.


Put on Jane Oil-Free Concealer in Fair all over lid


Put on Loreal HIP Paint in Secretive as a base


Apply the Amuse Dark Pink eyeshadow on inner corner of eyes


Apply the Amuse Light Pink on outer corner


Apply dark Amuse Purplse on the very outer outer corner


Apply the Amuse Light Purple above the crease on the inner corner. Blend around. Blend better than I did to get a better look XD


Apply Lancome GWP Eyeshadow on the middle to bottom outer half of eye and blend


Apply Lancome GWP Eyeshadow in Aubergine to extra darken the Lancome "Snap" purple shadow.




Lined my eyes with Loreal Line Intensifique Liquid Liner (i usually line my eyes better than this but I'm in a rush, but you get the gist)


Line bottom inner rim with Style-Styli 24/7 Line and Seal Eyeliner in Black and apply mascara to your lashes (NYX Doll Eyes)


bad lighting..but oh well.

Products used:

1) Jane Oil-Free Concealer (squeeze tube) in Fair
2) Loreal HIP Paint in Secretive as a base
3) Amuse Dark Pink Eyeshadow on inner corner
4) Amuse Light Pink Eyeshadow on half to outer corner
5) Amuse Dark Purple Eyeshadow on very outer corner
6) Lancome "Snap" Eyeshadow to darken Amuse Purple shadow
7) Lancome "Aubergine" Eyeshadow on bottom of outer corner of eyes to darken the look
8) Loreal Line Intensifique Liquid Liner on Top lid
9) Style-Styli 24/7 Line and Seal Eyeliner in Black on bottom inner rim
10) NYX Doll Eye Mascara Volume in Extreme Black
11) Of course, throughout the process: BLEND, because I didn't do a good job of blending! XD

I hope that this challenge ends up okay. Sorry for the crappy pictures :( . I hope the white piece of paper with the whole layout helps give a better picture of how it's supposed to look.

I wanted to do a gradient of dark to light pink on my mobile lid, and then on the crease and outer corner do a gradient from light to dark purple, creating a contrast, if you know what I mean so that the colors "pop" on both ends because on the inner corner, the light purple and dark pink "contrast" in brightness, and then the other corner creates contrast in the "light pink" and "dark purple". That's basically the gist of it.

Thanks for looking at my craptacular challenge entry! XD (sorry for pessimism but I didn't think I did that great of a job at my application, although I was rushing)

3 comments:

ilurvemakeup said...

Thank you :)

(g)ezebel said...

very pretty..!! good luck in the contest..!

Nic Nic said...

Thats very pretty, great job :)

Disclaimer

All products are 100% my opinions and thoughts. I am not paid to review any products I post. Use the product and advice/suggestions at your own discretion. Thank you!

Thanks for Visiting!