Monday, June 23, 2008

Mario Badescu Samples

WHOO HOOOOOO!!!

My Mario Badescu Samples came in the mail! yayyyyy!!!

Just to warn yall, me testing out these products will take a long time because I am very very scared to use products due to my very picky overly sensitive skin that seems to react bad to everything. I am allergic to sulfates, so all the following samples that I have do not have sulfate/sulfa/sulfur.

Mario Badescu originally recommended me to have the Drying Cream, Drying Lotion, and the Healing cream thing, but they were all sulfa based, and the Buffering lotion was also sulfur based, so I had to email them to request to substitute for those items. So instead of getting those items, I requested to have a sample of Strawberry Tonic Mask, Whitening Mask, Special mask for Oily Skin, and Olive Eye Cream. I never get to try out masks that often and ditto for eye creams, so that's why I chose what I chose. I can always go to the grocery store and get a face product that works fine for my skin, but masks and eye creams are hard to look for so I took advantage of the moment to find out if these items work for me.

I'll try to review them ASAP, but please do not expect it within the next week or so. This may even take me like a month or two so my face doesn't get overwhelmed by too many products. One of the worst things you can do to your face is overwhelm it with so many foreign products to the point where your skin gets frustrated and confused from having to adjust to each and every product, so I will have to take it slowly for my skin to get used to each one of them, and wait for my face to recover if there is any reason that my skin reacts badly to some product, and hopefully I won't have any bad reactions to all these products!! @_@ wish me luck :)





I recieved 11 samples:

-Cucumber Tonic Mask
-Strawberry Tonic Mask
-Olive Eye Cream
-Control Moisturizer for Oily Skin
-Almond & Honey Face Scrub
-Special Mask for Oily Skin
-Cucumber Cleansing Lotion
-Botanical Facial Gel
-Hyaluronic Eye Cream
-Whitening Mask
-Seaweed Night Cream

I am really happy though that I got a lot of samples. I thought I was gonna only be offered like 5, but the more the merrier :3

And thank you all for the warm birthday wishes :) I appreciate you all who stopped by to tell me Happy Birthday ^_^

I shall see you all later. Thank you for stopping by and reading :)
_______________
EDIT

Reader Kat commented and asked if I got a confirmation email regarding the samples.

Answer:

Yes I did, but they took a while!! I remember reading off of Petitebelle's wordpress that somebody said they got theirs the next day. I personally did not get mine the next day. Mine took like a week! XD haha. I thought they forgot about me or something but no, they just took a really long time apparently. I got so paranoid that I took that questionnaire like 4 times. But it was weird...It wasn't until like the 4th time I did it that all my answers were actually saved. I don't know if there was something wrong with their server the first few times I did it, but apparently my answers weren't saved and maybe they didn't get my answers to the questionnaire despite that I did get one of those messages at the end that they received it. If you feel that they didn't receive it, it wouldn't hurt to try another time to fill out the questionnaire. Wait for about a week or a week and a half because mine took that long.

btw, the samples were ordered June 13, and I got my sample package June 23, so it took 10 days to deliver. The samples came through my mailbox, NOT UPS.

hope that helps! :)

4 comments:

kat said...

hello! belated happy birthday!

just wanna ask, when you signed up for mario badescu samples did they give you a confirmation email? i signed up but they didnt send me an email. =(

cheers,
kat

Anonymous said...

thanks for the quick reply!

im gonna go spam them (hehe)

*winks*

kat

Nic Nic said...

Hey :)

RYC: I did use a toner to take it off (I used the lancome, still works :)) and then i just splash water on my nose for the nose strip to adhere - hope that helps!

oo i wish they did samples over like over there! xD

Nic Nic said...

Hey :) i wouldnt mind sending you a sample of that, because i have loads left but unfortunately i dont have any sample jars left =_=

Disclaimer

All products are 100% my opinions and thoughts. I am not paid to review any products I post. Use the product and advice/suggestions at your own discretion. Thank you!

Thanks for Visiting!