Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pin Up Girl Contest on EbeautyBlog

Yea so I entered into Ebeautyblog's pin-up girl contest!

after looking at the other contestants, I honestly don't feel I stand a chance XDD haha.

My inspiration is Hayden Panettiere's vanity fair look. She had relatively natural looking eyes in comparison to other pin-up girls so I modeled my look after hers. Other pin-up girls have more of an aggressive sexy look, but Hayden's had more of a sweet atmosphere so I modeled it after that so I don't necessarily look like your stereotypical pin up girl cuz of that. Sorry =(

well, here it goes:





















PRODUCTS USED:

EYES:
-UDPP
-Clinique (gift with purchase mini sample) High Impact Eye Shadow Duo in "Like Mink". I used both the creamy white color for the whole lid and the brown color to accentuate my crease
-Prestige Waterproof Eyeliner in Black (Non-Automatic pencil)
-NYX Doll Eyes Mascara Volume on bottom lashes only
-Ardell Falsies #110 on top lid, no mascara added

LIPS:
-First applied benefit Benetint lip stain (PocketPal) to make my lips more red
-Then I applied Victoria's Secret Mirror Mirror Shiny lipgloss in Crimson Kiss(it's been discontinued for a while now). I layered it to the max since this lipgloss is sheer upon one coat.

FACE:
-Buff'd Mineral Foundation in the color WOOL (a bit too light for me but I did it purposely for the sake of the pin-up look)
-Lancome (gift with purcahse mini sample) Blush Subtil in the color "Miel Glace"

MISCELLANEOUS:
-Black Hat: got it at a random small shop in chinatown, BUT I did see it at Forever21, but I don't know if they still carry it since it was a summer item
-Black tube top used as the "jumpsuit"
-Red Ribbon found it in the house
-Black-Gray headband found at Forever21

HAIR:
-Tresseme Heat protector spray
-Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse
-Gold N' Hot 1 inch iron

21 comments:

Jane said...

Great poses! You're hair looks amazing.

And you do look good in red lipstick what were you talking about? lol

alienman said...

omg you are too cute for words. the look works! and i love how u did ur hair :D

Phoebe said...

The last photo wins (my heart) by a landslide!!! :D

Aradani said...

this post is cute as hell!!! i love the side by side pics of the poses. awesome entry!

Askmewhats said...

oh gosh! you look so sexy, you even did the poses perfectly!!! Goodluck!

imee said...

nice. very lovely dress, too.

Nic Nic said...

very pretty I love the last shot!

ilurvemakeup said...

You look adorable! :)

Kimberly Tia said...

Go You With Your PINUP entry!!
You rocked it girlie!!!

Just wanted to stop by and say HELLO and sub to ya! ^_^

jazzzzy said...

what a wonderful wonderful wonderful wonderful x's a zillion job!!!!! iits amazign cause its like youre not only looking as pin up but by the pictures ACTUALLY ARE one WOW i LLOVE IT. amazing job absolutely amazing!!!!! i hope it works out for you the contest!!! =]

fuzkittie said...

I love the last pose!! :D So gorgeous~ I think you look great in red lipstick.

paperdollrevenge said...

Very cute and sweet look! I love how even your outfit mirrors Hayden's.

Pin Up isn't necessarily aggressively sexy...that's just one take. I mean red lips and big curls are a trademark, but if you look around at pin up girls you'll see there's a bit of variety, including your sweeter look. =)

IchigoBunnie said...

thank yall so much. i was getting a bit worried since i was the oddball out of the other contestants. Everyone did such an amazing job, so i feel pretty stumped haha ^^() oh well. again, thank yall for yall's kind words :)

yumyumsushi said...

YOWZA!! rawr!! HAHA

EbeautyBlog.com said...

Gorgeous girl! Love all the poses!!!

jeSmakeup said...

i love the last pic =) good luck!! its a lot of fun right? u did a great job!! i dont think u told me ur name before......... ??

Audrie said...

holy smokes! you NAILED it! Like seriously, you got the whole look down!! Love love love the cute and sexy poses, especially the last one. How did you do your hair?? Tutorial please!! haha I'm loving everything!! You better win!

haulin broad said...

this look is so cute. and about the gel liners, I have oily lids too, so I always use UDPP or too faced shadow insurance under EVERYTHING. I think if you use a base, these should be perfect!

jewels said...

va va voom!
you look too great for words to describe.

- aika - - said...

gorgeous

Fabuless Beauty said...

Very cute! You did a great job!

Disclaimer

All products are 100% my opinions and thoughts. I am not paid to review any products I post. Use the product and advice/suggestions at your own discretion. Thank you!

Thanks for Visiting!