Saturday, March 14, 2009

VietNam Pics PART ONE- severely picture heavy!!!!!!

yea this took me like a freakin long time to go watermark these pics XD i know these aren't glamorous pics, but VN still has some parts of it that is quite undeveloped, and will probably stay that way. some of these civilians are actually happy the way they live, even though its inconvenient. a portion of these pics, the ones that are "poor" per se, is from Can Tho. Im not sure if i spelled that right..but oh well. I'll try to state where the pics came from bc i just selected a crapload to put up. hope yall enjoy!


Arriving at LAX airport in Los Angeles! ive never been to california :O



leaving LAX










T_______T....almost there. 51 more minutes. this was a 10.5 hr flight from LAX to Incheon, Seoul, Korea airport





the room i stayed at in my aunt's house. actually a huge size room. bigger than mine. perhaps...a 14 X 14 room. but the comp was SO SLOW O___O........but a comp nonetheless so it still worked



T____T...the bathroom i had to use....it had ants crawling all over the sink and shower floors. the shower is a joke. the faucet gives out more water and this upstairs shower only gave out COLD WATER. I got sick immediately the day i got to VN. the pollution is so bad. my throat was sore and hurt. if yall go to VN, GET ONE OF THOSE MOUTH COVERUPS that you see on motorcyclists! it'll protect you!


real lychee :) . i think in viet it's spelled "ngan"...of course with accents that i cannot type. not sure though.



iono what this is called XD






the white and red fruit are Vietnamese pears. then the green one is "vu sua"...dunno if it's spelled "vu" or "bu"...eh...but its supposed to taste like breast milk. i dun quite like it but my mom loves these fruits. its nostalgic for her cuz she ate these as a kid



Cho Ben Thanh. good food.clothes.shoes.purses.accessories.bad bathrooms. crowded.too many vendors trying to sell you things.


i really like how i captured the words "Never Hide". makes the picture seem...somehow more meaningful even though i dun quite think those words apply to the scene of the picture ^^()

nobody really cares too much what lane ur in. everybody charges at each other xD

it is absolutely amazing how strong these people are. despite the good health i am provided, i know i can't carry this thing even with wheels on. i admire these people and their hard work and how strong they are.


i never got to ride one of these.... :( i feel so awful for these people bc they get so little amount of money for the strength they put forth in carrying people


this costed like $2USD


isn't it sad...? we're all bored cuz we can't find something online or something to buy and yet he REALLY has nothing.
picking every grain one by one. makes me feel bad for wasting rice because each grain took time to be picked by these people








their balance is amazing. it isn't like how in italy they do this. this is so different.


this is how they make Banh Trang :) .....dunno if i spelled that right either xD but its rice sheets so u can use it to make spring rolls and such

cute little kids finding entertainment by saying hello to us tourists :)




little kids swimming. this is their pool

but they're still happy to say hello

one of the few teens i saw. i usually saw lil kids





these weren't stray out in the open. they were caged behind the fence and they were used as entertainment for people. the guy had meat and sold it to give to the children to play with them

water market



you just...feel so horrible...when you see little children having to sell products for a living rather than go to pre-school and play on the playground or coloring with crayons.


two boats got into a fight XD they just finished slapping each other and pushing around XD! i don't know why though.













lady washing some washcloth...or clothes


when we got back from Can Tho tour trip back to Saigon, it flooded like crap. the taxi had to drive up the sidewalk and even then the sidewalk was enough to cover my whole foot. if i walked out to the streets the water would go higher



inside Diamond Plaza in front of Laneige!


the moron that i am did not test out the eyeshadows and makeup! why oh why was i so stupid!?! it was my only chance!




nice mall.





isn't that awesome!?!? a PUCCA scooter!!!



the other bathrooms i went to were actually worse than this.



on the tour bus..our new tour to go to Phan Tiet, Nha Trang, and Da Lat



the BEST fishball i ever ate. i dun think ANY other place makes it like this T___T


OMG THE BEST DESSERT EVERRRRRR. its like a crepe that's dried up with black sesame



it has crushed peanuts, coconut tiny bits, sugar, salt..something like that. SO GOOD. we had like 15 packs of these that had 5 in each pack. i freakin ate them all.....hehehehe



This is Nha Trang from Angella Hotel, the one i was staying at. It's brand new. only opened for a 2 months when i got there. This is from the 8th floor, sometime around 7-8am. beautiful isn't it? cept those stupid construction cranes are in the way....

but yea, this is where Miss Universe pageant was held last year

took advantage of the nice lighting........from the bathroom haha. same 8th floor of the breakfast dining area.



THE POOR LITTLE CHICKEN!!!!! i felt so bad!!



at some pagoda....we went to so many i couldnt keep track



eating Che Ba Mau in Cho Ben Thanh :) and this plaid dress is something i bought in VN. its really cute! it was $12



at the korean airport and I COULDN'T VISIT THIS SHOP!!!!! i am SO MAD. my mom rushed us to get past security so "we won't be late" even though we were an HOUR EARLYYYYYY omg. pissed me off so much bc this was my ONLY chance to see these korean makeup!! ughhhhh





etude house looks so cute T___T....i wanted to go in so badly...



some lil convenient shop in the airport. it sold some japanese and korean goodies, but no makeup related stuff

so yea. this is just part one. i still have more pics to go xD this was from my camera. i still have to surf through my dad's pics to put up cuz those pics contain pics of me bc i didn't get too much out of being the camerawoman.
iono when part 2 will come xD there's another 900 pictures to look through T____T.....
hope yall enjoyed some of these pics. i worked hard to get them up :)

24 comments:

Phoebe said...

The green seedy fruit is called ATIS in Filipino ;)

imee said...

whew... that was an eyeful! and u say this is only part one? can't wait for the next part(s)!

[ miss hazel ] said...

that real lychee u mentioned.. it is called longan in my place! lol...

Askmewhats said...

awwww Girl!!You look so pretty! I can't wait for more photos! I gasp when I saw the PUCCA motorcycle!!! I want a PUCCA car do you know that? hhaha

I worked as a trainee before my graduation at Vietnam airlines and I've always wondered how Vietnam is, thanks for the photos

' * : . b | u 3 . : * ' said...

I enjoyed the pictures! Can't wait for part 2. Haha the last time I went to Asia I couldn't visit the only Missha store either because it was only opening the month after I left, so I felt so sad :P

That first fruit photo is called custard apple / sugar apple :)

miemiemie said...

hahahhaa your lame attempt to look poor, haha so funny and cute :) too bad you didn't get to check out the korean makeup stores :( maybe next time?

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

Vietnam looked like a lot of fun! you look so cute and pretty!! hope you had a nice white day too! ;)

TML <3 said...

It lookes really beautiful there! Some places didnt look so nice, but the people looked so friendly and i liked the picture of the scooter :) hehe

beeyoutiful7 said...

hello there!
first time visiting ur blog!
it was fun reading it

looking forward to read more!

Jennifer

jewels said...

no i did not curl my lashes at all. b/c it said i don't need the curler at all.
so this product has failed without curling.

Emilita said...

Wow great pics. Looks like an interesting trip. They lychees made me very hungry, yum...

Strange question, but, in the pic of the bathroom with the very low toilet, was the seat bonded to the ground?

FuN and MakeUp said...

wow the first few pix makes me sad.. how poor vietnam can be!! but i love VN! hehehe beautiful place to me.. even if it isnt to a lot of ppl cuz of the communist.. cant wait to see more pix!!

Kasumi said...

stumbled onto your post!
wow all the fruits shown on there i love to eat hehe!
I was born over there so like your mom it brought me back memories too :)

Vanessa said...

Hi lovely! Thanks for the comment! Great pics of Vietnam, makes me realize how lucky we are....and I love the dress below this post!

Agnes said...

awww FUN! weee i wan all the food!

Kimberly Tia said...

Wow Part I...

That was an amazing photo stroll girl. I loved every single minute of it though, since I've been wanting to go home and visit my mother's side of the family.

I heard the eating is incredible and cheap, and the shopping if fab, but you really gotta hustle and haggle. and they can smell a US GIRL from a mile away. lol

can't wait to see your part II!!

I have a friend that goes back to VN every year to visit orphanages and bring them rice and ramen/soup packets.

梅子 said...

that pucca scooooter........... i want soooo badly.....

awe the trip looked full of good food i hope you had fun.

EbeautyBlog said...

Nicee pictures. This reminds me so much of Vietnam. The last time I went back there was over 5 years ago. Wish I could go back again. That crepe is called Com dep....not sure on the spelling but OMG...it's one of my favorite!!! Too bad the ones they make over here can't compare to those.

Can't wait for the other parts of your trip!

Bunnie said...

Awww, your pictures made me miss Vietnam so much! I've been back twice, but it's been years since my last visit. My favorite food is bun bo hue, I can eat that everyday! haha XOXO

mayaari said...

all the fruit looks delicious! my mom loves atis (the lumpy green fruit) :) can't wait to see more pics from your trip

i gave you an award :) just passing along the love!

Yumeko/Bittenbefore said...

amazing photos
and u definetely dont look poor [sorry!!]

Ji said...

The food looks sooo yummie!<3

Agnes said...

hi darling please check ur mail.

ChyiX2 said...

Wow...thank you for showing us these pics. Yeah... one thing, I always eat every single grain of rice in my bowl. From we were little my mom always told us how the rice farmers tolled in the fields. I really want to go to Vietnam now...but I can't speak any vieatnamese at all...

Disclaimer

All products are 100% my opinions and thoughts. I am not paid to review any products I post. Use the product and advice/suggestions at your own discretion. Thank you!

Thanks for Visiting!