Thursday, May 7, 2009

Addressing A Question

Anonymous said:

Hi, i have a few small scars on my cheeks. will this product fill in the scars or even make them less noticeable? do u have scar/s, how does the gel look on ur face on its own in natural light? do the scars stand out?


Hey there!

I just wanted to know what specific product you were referring to so I'm able to help ya out :) I don' know about the "gel" you are referring to, whether it is my acne treatment Clindamycin Topical Gel, or whether it is the Monistat Chafing Gel as the primer. Can you let me know so I can explain more to you? thanks!

Yes, i do have acne scars. LOTS of them.

Well...i guess I'll just talk about both of those gels i asked you about which one you were referring to so that I can just cover it all.

Clindamycin Topical Gel:

Of course, this is a prescription given by my doctor. When I put this gel on my face, there's no "shiny residue" or any "clear film" that's on my face. It absorbs in and it wont look like i have it on, which is a huge help. I have gone outside the house with washing my face and then putting this gel on only, no moisturizer, and i dont' see the gel on my face. Then WITH the moisturizer, it doesn't make any difference in the gel's appearance on my face either.

Of course don't put too much. A pea-size should cover your whole face. For me, I like to wash my face, then moisturize with my Aveeno Ultra-Calming SPF15 moisturizer, THEN put on the Clindamycin Topical gel. Also, this gel is for the MORNING use.

Retin-A Micro Gel:

This is used at NIGHT , because it makes your skin more sensitive to the sun, so you really don't wanna use this in broad daylight unless you want to be burned :( . all doctors make the patient take this at night anyway. This doesn't show anything on my face either after I put it on. No bad film or whatever. It'll take a little bit to sink in and your skin wont' feel like silky smooth or whatever. It might be SLIGHTLYYY sticky, but for me it goes away and plus since you're at home sleeping, no one would see this on your face anyway even if it did appear on your face. Careful with this too. I even use less than a pea-size of this gel because I don't want to over-exfoliate my face because that would just irritate it further. Again, this exfoliates the skin on a more accelerated level, so this is more of the key ingredient to try to get rid of my scars. Have I seen success? yes and no. It's a long grueling process to try to get rid of my acne scars cuz new ones keep popping up! my hormones are still outta whack :(. My right cheek seems to benefit from this and Clindamycin as it's more clear and the scars go away quicker. My left cheek seems to get the bit hits cuz it's scars galore and Retin-A and Clindamycin can only help it so much, which isn't very fast.

Monistat Chafing Gel (primer):

I don't have any "holes" in my skin to fill, so I can't really answer you that it would fill in the gaps or whatever. I'm sorry :( . I'm still testing out whether it actually controls my oils, whether it actually creates a smoother canvas on my face, or whether it's just something extra and not needed, as in whether or not it works. Well, I do have to admit it does make my skin feel "soft" ish when i have it prior to putting on my mineral makeup, but i dont feel like my skin is silky smooth. It helps my cheeks the most, where things get dry, so that way my mineral makeup goes on a bit smoother and better. It was about $5-6 at my local Target next to the Pads, Tampons, condoms, lubricants, etc. I don't wear this chafing gel outside by itself. If i use this, i use this under mineral makeup. Other than that, I don't put any of this on my face if im not wearing makeup, therefore not worrying about how it looks in sunlight or natural light. Even when wearing makeup over this, the gel wont "show through" the mineral makeup powder i put on my face, in case thats what you were wondering.


Sorry if I didn't answer your question, but I tried! Do let me know if you Anonymous, or any other reader, have further questions. I'll try my best to answer :)

See yall later!

3 comments:

Askmewhats said...

you addressed the question so well! wow :) thanks for this

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

ive heard that Paul and Joe Serum helps to lighten scars. I actually have a bottle but not used it yet, but everyone whose used it has had positive results. wow thanks for addressing those type of gels you use!!

Kasumi said...

thank you for the answer!

Disclaimer

All products are 100% my opinions and thoughts. I am not paid to review any products I post. Use the product and advice/suggestions at your own discretion. Thank you!

Thanks for Visiting!