Monday, June 1, 2009

My First Japanese Skincare Haul and Ingredients Lists for Japanese Skincare -- PICTURE HEAVY

Hey yall!

Okay so last week my boyfriend came over and he took me, not one, not two, but THREE times to Nippan Daido to get my Japanese Skincare stuff! How patient and sweet is he?

I first heard about this place from JieJie (if u look on my blogroll) and I had to search it up on where it is, and it's sure a hidden gem of a place! It's in the back behind all the other stores in front so you can't even see the store's sign until you get inside the parking lot.

I was hoping for more makeup, but they didn't have eyeshadows. They did have KATE lipglosses but they looked a bit dry, so I assumed they were left there for a while.

They did have BB cream, but I couldnt find the box for it....? unless they kept it behind the counter so nobody can steal it? I dunno, but I wanted to see the ingredients for it but couldnt find it.




First time at Nippan Daido, I bought:
1) Lucido Hair Curl Lotion (Airy) for like $8-9

Second stop I bought:

2) Shiseido Perfect Whip Foam Cleanser $11.49
3) Mandom Cleansing Express Sebum $14

Third Stop:

4) Sana Soy Milk Cream (i know i wrote something different in my other post but on Adambeauty it said this name) $14
5) Kracie Hadabisei Hikishime Sheet Mask $17 for 4 sheets (ouch so pricey!)

Total Damage: about $66, without tax, so lets just round that to $70!!! aaa! but my bf did pay for the Soy Milk Cream so I guess maybe i spent around $50 instead out of my own pocket.

I have never spent so much money on stuff for my face @_@...............

but I'm glad its skincare and not makeup, because me getting skincare is something to improve my skin of course, which is insanely important. Makeup is second to skincare, because if you have unhealthy skin, then makeup doesn't look that great when you put it on anyway. Plus it'd be great to prevent wrinkles and what not for the future.


Me buying the Japanese skincare was inspired by those that I have read so much Japanese stuff from: Fuzkittie, Nic Nic, and Lotus Palace, A Touch of Blusher, and thank you Jie Jie for telling me the location of this store!!! I'm sure there are more bloggers whom I've stopped by randomly and have seen reviews, but I can't recall specific names -- sorry T.T


So altogether, this is what I got for the Haul. I know its not a lot, but it was a LOT of money and this is a lot for me, seeing as yall never seen hauls from me cuz I've no money for that lol. I used my saved up Christmas money and birthday money to buy this haul cuz i felt my skin is worth it.


and with all pictures, you can click on them to get a bigger zoomed in picture to see details :)





I heard Mandom was pretty good so I wanted to try it out. I remember Fuz didn't like it cuz it didnt' remove everything, so I'm hoping it works for me though!

The Kracie black sheet masks was bought because I saw it on Lotus Palace's blogspot and she really enjoyed this mask. Plus it didnt' have sulfates, so I'm like, why not.

I saw the Shiseido Perfect Whip in store, and went back home to research on it, and Lotus Palace liked it too, and I saw reviews on Makeupalley and lots of people seemed to like it, so I caved in.

I saw Lucido Hair Curl Lotion from As Pink As My Juicy, and also I've seen it on some other blogs and wanted to try it out.



Okay, so in the store, I wanted to remember all the products and their ingredients, so I took a picture of lots of products and their ingredients for my sake and other's sake because since I'm allergic to sulfates, i MUST always know ingredients! And I'm sure lots of you out there need to know too, especially since all this stuff is written in Japanese, it's nice to know the english translation for them before buying and ordering, so I hope this help syall as much as it helped me! I'm sorry that I didn't get every product in the store, but I think I'd annoy the store owner if I took a picture of every freakin item lol.

I'll go back later to take more pictures of the sheet masks because after Fuzkittie's raves about Silk Whitia and Lotus Palace's huge post of sheet masks, I wanna try em out! But of course, gotta test out the Kracie one I've got to see if I even like sheet masks before I buy any more of them.

ok enough me blabbing, onward to more pictures!


SHISEIDO FITIT AQUALABEL MOISTURIZING LIFT MOISTURE WRAP CREAM
...wow that was a mouthful to say lol










CLEAR TURN WHITE FACE MASK

I don't know which box, whether its the left or right, that the ingredients list is referring to. I'm sorry :(






(Mandom) GATSBY DEEP MUD FOAM





KRACIE (KANEBO) NAIVE FACIAL CLEANSING FOAM ALOE









KRACIE (KANEBO) FACIAL CLEANSING FOAM POMEGRANATE








KRACIE (KANEBO) FACIAL CLEANSING FOAM PEACH






KOSE SOFTYMO MEDICATED WHITE WASHING FOAM
I'm actually not sure if this is the ingredients for that specific product below because the name is diff because i took pics out of order, and so this packaging looked similar to the one behind the ingredients label, so I just assumed its it. I'm sorry if its not! :(





KOSE SOFTYMO OIL CLEAR CLEANSING FOAM






That's all I have for ingredients. Sorry!

But I have shots of the racks of products to show:


sorry i had to block out info from the car :)










Okay, so now I have questions for those of you who are experienced in Japanese skincare!

1) Out of all the pictures of the stuff I didn't buy in my 5-piece haul, do yall see anything that is a very good product that you can recommend me? There were quite a couple stuff there so I didn't know which was good

2) Were the sheet masks in the pics any good? There were the Sana Soy Milk Sheet Masks, the Clear Turn White sheet masks, and outside of the Kracie Hadabisei Hikishime Sheet Mask, there were the Dariya Black Soy Milk Face Essence Masks, and Bihada Ichizoku Mask. I did see some other face masks i believe....but..i must go back to the store to take another look and take more pictures and bother the poor store owner again to remember what they had xD.

Oh, and if yall know a good seller who sells excellent sheet masks for cheap, as in $1 per mask or less, please please point me in the direction! Lotus Palace said she bought off of GMarket for cheap, but I am so confused on how to use that website xD. I'll use it if I have to if there's no other place, but if there's other suggestions, please do speak up because paying $5 per mask is gonna kill my wallet quickly... T____T....

3) Were there any stuff from the pics that you suggest me to STAY AWAY from? I know one of them already has sulfur ingredients so i know to stay away from that, but were there any products that just don't work or ruins the skin that I should know of?

4) Any tips when buying Japanese skincare and makeup?

5) Any Houstonians out there know any other Japanese stores (or groceries) outside of this and Super H-Mart that would sell Japanese skincare, and MAKEUP of course? :) Thank you! Please do point me in the direction if there are any more of these good stores!



For reference of the Hadabisei Hikishime mask and the Soy Milk mask, Lotus Palace has a post on it to give you an idea on how it looks, click here

Another reference is for Bihada Ichizoku Mask, which is shown here in Lotus Palace's post: click here .

It is the LAST picture of all the pictures, the one with the manga/anime girl. Im not sure if that's the exact type of mask i saw at the store, but you get the idea of that type of brand of sheet mask. There were two types under that same brand name at the store to choose from.


Hope that helps yall :)

__________________

I applied for jobs already and haven't really received any responses, but then again i signed up for July, not June. But in either way, Im hoping to be able to work, and by then i should have a debit card at the least, so I'm hoping to be able to save some up to buy some other goodies.....but im not sure if that'll happen. :(

my friend works at the store that i applied to, and even though she said she was available full time, they only gave her 16 hours! so that worries me because I have the entire July off and I want to make money! Hopefully either this store gives me almost full time or I'll have to hunt for another store to work for at the same time, just at diff shift times.

I applied to:

ULTA - no response so i know they don't want me
Victoria's Secret - obvious rejection since i look like a 14 yr old despite that im nearly 19, and plus the manager has such a snobbish attitude!
Bath & Body Works - this is where I'm hoping to get the job right now! no response yet :(
Teahouse - too full. not hiring at the moment
Jamba Juice - no response yet...probably all the positions have been taken by all the highschoolers already


.....Any suggestions for jobs? I don't wanna work at a full blown out clothing retailer because my sister worked at the stuff before and it's WAY too much work. Especially Forever21 and Charlotte Russe and all that. It's severely time consuming and tiring so I wanna stick with more regular product sales and casual food places -- no restaurants like Panera Bread or Chick-Fil-A, etc u get the jist. BUT I'm okay being a host for a restaurant...i dun wanna do waitressing or else i'll physically just be dead every day. Only thing I'm scared about in being a host is that if waitresses are short, then I'd have to fill in their spot and I SUCK at balancing things, so if i had to bring out food, ill spill it everywhere xD

ok, sorry for such a long post! I hope yall enjoy the pictures and also i hope some of yall can help me out! :) Thanks!

see yall laterr

15 comments:

fuzkittie said...

Wow the ingredient lists will help out many others! :] I hope you like everything!! My friend likes the Sana soy stuff a lot! :]

Askmewhats said...

Aawww well Mandom does not work for me too! So I hope it works for you :)

ning * star said...

oh, i wanna be your follower but I didn't find any follower click in your page... would u mind to put it??

Purple Strawberry ♥ said...

Hi! I actually bought the Kose softymo Medicated White cleansing wash on Sat. It's not bad...foams up well with just a little drop size. Sowwie but mine did not show in English..>.< For my oily, sensitive skin, it's not bad for the price (got mine for $3.50 CAD). My face had a bit of "squeaky clean feeling" afterwards. I agree with you, those sheet masks can be pretty expensive! T.T

Stacieee said...

wow yes ur bf is incredible haha! all those goodies makes me wanna whip out my magic card xP

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

glad you could find english listed ingredients :D... would be a bummer for you if you always had to try and translate!!

ive used the sana soy milk moisturizer, pretty good but it wasn't right for my type of skin so i moved on. it was so cheap here though. not suprised they priced it up! i used half of it, so it must have done something ;)

梅子 said...

OO i love naive anything that brand is really good i hope it works out for you. and Lucido is very good aswell i have the smooth cream.

AbcGrrrL said...

MMM .... thats a lot of Japanese goodies! My local Japanese supermarket (which has a ton of yummy Japanese & Hawaiian foods including Hurricane popcorn) has such a limited selection of Japanese beauty products ;(

Anonymous said...

I'm from Houston and I have to say that Nippan Daido really jacks up the prices...I remember seeing a cleanser there that I liked but it was $11...I checked the Sasa website and they had it for like only $1..

So, I guess I suggest ordering it there...I do love the place because they have all the Japanese food that I like..It really is one of Houston's hidden gems...

naomi said...

Very nice post! I love to try many different products, especially international ones. I will add the ingredients to the post for the VCOM Green Tea eye gel per your requested.

smilecusiluvu said...

OMG! Im scrolling down your post and im like hey those pictures look really familiar and then im like hey that store! I know that store and im like does she live in houston?? haha well i live in houston too! what area are you located at?? Im down in south 45 though.. what school do you go to? I go to UH main wow small world!

Sylvia said...

The japanese goodies are sooo darn cute! hope all of them work out for you! =]

WY said...

I get my Asian skin care/ makeup hauls from SASA.com

A few decent brands for face mask are SILK WHITIA, LA GLACE and ISQUEEN (have not tried any myself actually, but I just ordered LA GLACE ORIGINAL SERIES EPURANT WHITE MASK)

For really cheap masks you can use daily is the CLEARTURN masks by KOSE - US$8.90 for 22 sheets. But they sell out so darn fast!

Non-sheet masks for decent prices (IMO) - SKIN FOOD. Ordered myself three tubs at one go...

cindy said...

Is that Naris UP I spotted at the left hand side? I've used it once, bought it from Shanghai's CosMed during winter, very nice! Very moisturizing =P

Ella Torres said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Disclaimer

All products are 100% my opinions and thoughts. I am not paid to review any products I post. Use the product and advice/suggestions at your own discretion. Thank you!

Thanks for Visiting!