Saturday, November 20, 2010

E.L.F. Holiday Nail Polish Trio Review and Swatches

Hey yall :)

About a few weeks ago I stopped by a Target to buy something--I forgot what I bought lol, but I saw that Target added an ELF section! I used to go to Fiesta grocery (on Bellaire & Hwy6 I think) some odd years ago for ELF and then they discontinued it there, so I was happy to see their studio line at this location! I went to the Target in Memorial Mall but forgot to check so I don't know if they have ELF there. And I should check the Target in Sugarland too lol

Anyway, I saw this set for $3, which of course comes out to $1 per item, which is the price of all their items. I was on the fence about getting this because I didn't know the quality of it.

Review:

Packaging:

As you can see from the picture, it comes in a black box and plastic containing things to hold it. Basic. The bottle itself is sturdy, and is very similar to the recent ULTA nail polishes. I don't feel the bottle is cheap feeling--it's just standard. Hasn't broken on me *knocks on wood*

Oh, and I love the brush. It's wide and flat so that you don't have to keep going over spots. It evenly coats your nail.

The Formula:

Overall: Each one has a lot of glitter and it's GRAINY when dry.

Red:
When I first used the red color, it came out very smoothly on my nails, but after it dried, it came to a more matte ish dark red, vs the vibrant red you see when it's still wet. Some may like this, but I wasn't too much of a fan feeling my nails like that, so I put on a thick top coat of Seche Vite and then the vibrant red color that you see in the bottle came back :)

Gold Glitter:
Unfortunately I think someone had this package before me because when I opened up the gold glitter bottle, the top had dried up nail polish on it =/. Nevertheless I LOVE this one. So much glitter! You know how most glitter nail polishes you have to like...keep dipping until you can get enough glitter on the brush to get on your nails (or maybe it's just me!??!? lol)? This one you don't and you get a LOT of it. I like! Of course it dries GRAINY rather than smooth.

Clear with Glitter:
This one paints on a moderate amount of glitter--just nowhere near the amount of the gold glitter one. This is your basic glitter and the size of the glitter is medium. It's not fine glitter at all. Again, it dries grainy as you can see in the pictures.

NOTE:
The swatches do not have top coat on so I can show you how the nail polish looks in the raw. They look much better with top coat on lol. I use Seche Vite top coat, which is thick, and the thick top coat will be able to smooth out the graininess.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well I hope this helps yall out :)

And I spy new subscribers!! WAAAA I'm so excited :3 138! I really never thought people would find my blog interesting lol. Opened it 2 years ago because a dear girl who is no longer blogging persuaded me to join in on this, and I'm glad I did. I really like putting up reviews to help everyone out. I for one search like a mad woman before I purchase something so I always need reviews, so I'm happy to give back :)

Hope everyone is doing well!

See yall later :)

2 comments:

Shop N' Chomp said...

Pretty colors! I also love that price. ;D

(Thanks, girl! I hope to get it next time too :)

Kalmo said...

Thanks for posting this review and swatch pictures! :) UGH I hate when people open new things in stores to try them on, sorry you had a used bottle! Yay for new followers! I find your blog plenty interesting.

Disclaimer

All products are 100% my opinions and thoughts. I am not paid to review any products I post. Use the product and advice/suggestions at your own discretion. Thank you!

Thanks for Visiting!