Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Beauty Resolutions!

Hey yall :)

Everyone's doing their beauty resolutions so I thought hey why not.

And these are in no particular order

  1. Use chapstick regularly
    This year I've noticed that my lips have bled and cracked so much more than any other year!! It's just awful. That's why I made my last post on chapsticks. I actually grew impatient and went ahead and bought the Nivea one while I was out on new years xD My lips were so dry I was like, omgggg I'll just freakin buy it lol

  2. Lotion myself regularly
    Again, I just ignored my skin this year and now I see my legs have these awful looking patches of dry skin. It looks like I've been bruised or something. It's really NOT attractive right now lol I don't know why I've become so lazy with it. I used to do it almost everyday! My mom bought me Bath & Body Works lotions (YESS Cool Citrus Basil--my favorite scent!) so I think that may motivate me to lotion up more!

  3. Exercise!!!
    I know I'm a puny person but I sure am pretty weak. I used to do swimming when I was in elementary as well as iceskating, and then in highschool I was on the tennis team for 2 years, but then I quit and my exercise was nonexistent from there. I keep telling myself I'll exercise at school but it never happens! I seem to have hours of gap between classes for this spring 11 semester so I'll make use of that. I need to go at least once a week! Preferably 2x or more

  4. Drink More Water
    I really don't think I drink enough water. I'm sure my skin would be much happier if I drank like 3-4 bottles worth of water each day. I always forget and then at school I feel scared if I drink too much water then I'll have to pee in class xD

  5. Brush and Cut my hair regularly
    Believe it or not, this year I rarely brushed my hair! xD I only brushed through it after a shower but that was it. In the morning I typically would dash out the door, with my hair unbrushed/untouched from the moment I got out of bed. It looked fine lol, but then my hair remained tangled and then tons of split ends formed. REALLY bad. I also was trying to grow out my hair so I didn't cut it for like half a year--big mistake. I learned that even when growing out your hair, at least get a trim inbetween or else you'll get a LOT of split ends. Every 3 months is a good number to go back to your haircutter. Oh and fun random fact: I've been using the same blue Conair brush since I was in 8th grade xD Maybe that's an ew? haha I have attachments to this brush lol. Plus it still works fine and I clean it out so I don't see why I should throw it out.

  6. Use sheet masks once or twice a week
    I need to treat my skin nicely. This will give me a good 20 minute cat nap each time to relax and also moisturize my face.

  7. Sleep earlier
    I've been sleeping SO late this semester. Often 2-3am, sometimes 4am, NOT doing HW lol, but rather just staying online chatting and browsing blogs etc, so I think that is an unhealthy habit ruining my skin and overall health. More sleep! I'll make note to go to bed at 1am max, but try to get to bed around midnight. Of course exceptions will be made for the times I need to cram for a midterm or whatever.

  8. Use my accessories
    If yall read my 20 random things about me post, then yall know that I never use my accessories even though I have so many xD. I'm usually lazy or I forget. I have many cute earrings and necklaces and I should start using them again!

  9. FLOSS
    Okay for some of yall this is gross. I rarely floss my teeth. But don't worry I do brush my teeth morning and night lol xD I just get so lazy with flossing! But I should take care of my teeth because I'm lucky to have naturally straight teeth, no braces, and they are healthy teeth too so I should appreciate them more and take care of them.

  10. Make use of my lipglosses
    Again, if yall read my 20 random things about me post, yall know that I have a bajillion lipglosses and I just don't use them! xD lol I feel weird if I just walked out of the house with only lipgloss on. But honestly I think a little lipcolor can really brighten up your face some. I need to use them up!!

  11. Take my vitamins regularly!
    Okay I think taking fish oil and vitamin E oil helps and I sure haven't been good with taking them =/ My multivitamins have expired and I should get a new bottle. I just hate taking pills. I don't know why. I know it's easy to pop in and swallow but...it's just annoying to remember you know? But I think it'll be best for my health if I take them, not to mention good for my skin too since Fish oil and vitamin E is good for your skin. BTW, use these vitamins at your own discretion. Unfortunately one of my best friends has had a nosebleed from this because it thinned out her blood too much, so make sure to ask your doctor if it's okay for yall to use. It might be too powerful for your body.


I think that may be it? haha I guess I'll add more if I think of them.

Hope yall are doing well.

See yall later :)

6 comments:

yumiko said...

hey girl!
just stopping by your blog!
good health is #1. happy new year

Kelly said...

Those are some great resolutions! Especially the vitamin part -- I recently started taking Fish Oil, Lysine, and a multivitamin daily and they are working wonders on my skin! I also did a chapstick post and someone recommended the "Sugar" lip balm and it works wonders. My lips are severely cracked (which is why I take the Lysine supplements) and no chapstick I ever tried works as well as the Sugar -- even if it's really expensive it's worth it!

Anyways I'm following your blog! Please check out mine if you get a chance!

http://www.lipglossloveaffair.com

Natalie Nguyen said...

I CAN NOT leave the house without lipbalm, it's become like a habit and I literally feel like I'm in a panic when I forget it haha. Reason being is that I never know when my lips will start retaliating when I forget lipbalm (esp in cold weather) and form a cold sore grrrr.
Omg, I'm SO lazy at applying lotion. I have quite a few body lotions laying around because I neglect using them haha. I should put that on my list :P
I procrastinate pretty badly and stay up doing everything but school work sigh.
Lucky you have natural straight teeth!!! I had to get braces twice (well because the first time I got them too early - 4th grade)
Happy New Year! =D

The Little Dust Princess said...

Hey girl, for some reason your blog posts are so far left that they get cut off. I can't properly read it. :(

xx The Little Dust Princess

The Little Dust Princess said...

I use Firefox and your blog doesn't scroll sideways. :( I don't know what's wrong. D: I just tried hitting full screen and it still doesn't work. The left side of your posts still can't be seen.

Diary of a Short Girl said...

Exercise is definitely on my list of resolutions!! Great blog!

diaryofashortgirl.blogspot.com

Disclaimer

All products are 100% my opinions and thoughts. I am not paid to review any products I post. Use the product and advice/suggestions at your own discretion. Thank you!

Thanks for Visiting!