Sunday, December 2, 2012

Out of Shape

If you don't want to listen to me whine then go ahead and X out of this post. Thanks

So I've been trying to diet for the past few months and I managed to lose about 3lbs and lost 1 inch off my waist. But then I went on vacation for the last 2.5 weeks and gained it all back .__.

Back in 8th grade, which was SO many years ago, I used to exercise 6 days a week and do it easily too. I don't know what happened to my metabolism to make me gain like 7lbs. I know I ate poorly when I was in my apartment but even then, I used to eat whatever I wanted back then and still not gain weight. But to be fair, right now I'm getting ZERO exercise. Not one bit. And I probably should make it my new years resolution to lose some weight and hit the gym.

The problem? No motivation. I can't seem to push myself to run even around my neighborhood. I feel like I'm stuck. I need to exercise to make my depression and anxiety better, but then I'm too depressed and anxious to go to the gym. Mainly lazy and sluggish. I feel like I can't get out of bed sometimes =/

How do you people do it? How do you get out of bed and motivate yourself to do things? I don't have much passion for anything anymore. I don't know whether it's the medication I'm on that's causing my numbness or whether I really just lost a passion for life. Or maybe it's both.

Whatever it is, I need to figure out this motivation business and get myself off my ass and up and running, literally. Being stuck in this slump is awful.

I guess that's all. Thanks for anybody who read this

See yall later

3 comments:

Izzy said...

sad to hear that you've lost your motivation :( I have been stuck in situations like that before. it's very comfortable just eating whatever you want whilst feeling sorry for yourself, and sometimes it feels a lot better than working hard with diet and exercise and making sacrifices when it doesn't seem like you're getting any results. but in the end I guess you just have to realise that success is the sum of small efforts. if you can get out of bed and exercise even if just for 10 minutes, you are contributing to looking and feeling better. that's one of the things that motivated me.
good luck <3

ねこちゃん said...

I wouldn't go to the gym just to try losing weight. Exercising makes you happy because you produce endorphines so it's a great way to become happy again! after a workout your mind and soul feel so relieved and satisfied and you'll definitely feel different. You'll be so proud of yourself :)

blushandbarbells.com said...

Girl do I feel your pain. I used to eat all kinds of crap and stay the same size, now that I'm older I can see that I have to eat clean, exercise HARD, and I'm still pudgy.

Disclaimer

All products are 100% my opinions and thoughts. I am not paid to review any products I post. Use the product and advice/suggestions at your own discretion. Thank you!

Thanks for Visiting!