Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Quick Strawberry Smoothie

I modified a smoothie recipe found on allrecipes.com

originally the recipe was:

* 8 strawberries, hulled
* 1/2 cup skim milk
* 1/2 cup plain yogurt
* 3 tablespoons white sugar
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 6 cubes ice, crushed

But instead I did:


  • 8 FROZEN strawberries (you can find frozen ones in the freezer aisle or freeze them yourself)
  • 1/2 cup any kind of milk but I used 1%
  • 1/3 cup strawberry yogurt
  • no ice
  • blend
It turned out to taste moreso like the yogurt but it's still tasty. You can use plain yogurt if you want to. I might do that next time actually after I use up all of my strawberry yogurt. If you like a LOT of flavor then the recipe I did will suffice. If you like a little bit less flavor then go for the plain yogurt.

I used to work for a smoothie shop so they used frozen fruits that serve as both the ice and the fruit, so that way you don't have to dilute your smoothie with ice.

I also put vanilla extract in my smoothie and it tasted funky (I put too much, but still). I think this recipe could do without the vanilla extract. The vanilla extract is suffocating x.x

Sorry for no pictures D:

Happy smoothie making guys!

See yall later


No comments:

Disclaimer

All products are 100% my opinions and thoughts. I am not paid to review any products I post. Use the product and advice/suggestions at your own discretion. Thank you!

Thanks for Visiting!