Monday, February 25, 2013

Avalon Organics Partial Review

So all I'm going to do is describe to you how the product is, not whether it works or not because I ended up breaking out with these two products:

  • Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Cream
  • Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Vitality Facial Serum
I first saw this on RhaeaEstelle's youtube channel and her skin is flawless. Basically the kind of skin that you dream of having. So after seeing that she uses this, I immediately ran to my Walmart to get it, but alas, it made me break out, and I'm not sure why. It doesn't contain any sulfates/sulfur in the ingredients, which I'm allergic to, so I'm not sure why I broke out. But I did. I'm pretty sad because I was really hoping for it to make my skin as beautiful as RhaeaEstelle's. 

Anyway here are my very short thoughts on it:

Vitamin C Renewal Cream
  • Very very thick, similar to Vanicream but creamier
  • Smells like oranges but not "fresh"
  • Spreads easily over the face
  • Does not make you appear greasy despite how thick it is
  • Comes in a pot, so it isn't the most hygienic
Vitamin C Renewal Vitality Facial Serum
  • Runny in consistency
  • Smells like oranges but not "fresh"
  • Spreads easily over the face
  • Does not make you appear greasy
  • Comes in a pump bottle
  • Comes in a glass bottle
Sorry if this doesn't help anybody but I thought to write about it anyway in case anybody was wondering how the consistency of the product is.

I kind of think the reason why these products didn't work for me was because for one the cream was too thick for my skin and my skin couldn't breathe. And I think applying the serum under the thick cream made my skin breathe even less. But this is all hypothetical and for all I know I may be allergic to something else in it that I'm unaware of.

If anybody forgot what these products look like, here it is:

 photo IMG_8209_zpsfa9093f2.jpg


This will be the last time yall see me write about Avalon Organics since I won't be purchasing anymore from them. And I have no clue what to do with these products left :( It'd be a waste to throw them into the trash seeing as I purchased them both for a total of $30 something bucks. I guess I'll just use the thick cream to moisturize my body lol I don't know.

Alright, see yall later!

4 comments:

Blush and Barbells said...

Could you be purging? I usually have a purge when I use a new skincare product. It's too bad it didn't work for you :(

mandy said...

Ah! Sucks to hear these broke you out! The pains of everyone being unique =.= Have to go through these stages yourself before you know what works and what doesn't. Have you found anything that works better to replace these with? :D

IchigoBunnie said...

Blush and Barbells:

You know I hadn't thought about that about me purging. Could be the case, but I'd rather not risk my skin getting worse. It really is a shame that it didnt work out

mandy:

yea! i hate going thru trial and error with my skin since everybody is unique. I have yet to find something good to replace it with though. Im visiting my Dr tomorrow so we'll see if she recommends anything for me

babysaffron said...

Hi... i did used the product. But only the serum... Did not used the cream... Or try not to used them together....

Disclaimer

All products are 100% my opinions and thoughts. I am not paid to review any products I post. Use the product and advice/suggestions at your own discretion. Thank you!

Thanks for Visiting!