Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Green Smoothie My Way Out to Clear Skin

K so I don't know if this will actually work, but I think I'm going to drink a green smoothie for breakfast everyday if possible to get fruits and vegetables (...or at least just spinach) in my diet to hopefully clear up my skin.

I can't figure out for the life of me what I'm doing wrong in my life that's causing me to have acne! I don't use 12902388 products on my skin. I just use cleanser, sometimes toner, and moisturizer. That's it. And I eat a relatively balanced meal. I eat fruit after dinner. I change my pillowcase everyday.

I don't get it?

Sure I need to drink more water but that alone can't solve my skin problems. Originally I got broken out because I had an allergic reaction to one of my medicines because it had sulfur in the capsule shell and I didn't know =/ Otherwise I would've had clear skin right now.

So my smoothie will consist of:


  • 1/2 cup 1% milk
  • 2 spoonfuls of strawberry yogurt
  • a Walmart fruit mix bag of Strawberries, Peaches, and Pineapple
  • one handful of spinach
  • blend away!
I got the idea of making green smoothies from Julia from TheThirdShift

She's doing summerfit vlogging on her journey to a fit body and continuing her healthy lifestyle.

But anyway, yea, my main purpose is to clear up my skin because this is how it looks right now with zero makeup:


 photo 20130508_101639_zpsa001fa3f.jpg

Pretty bad right?

I feel sad and ashamed walking outside the house and having to show my zit filled face.

Yesterday I went to the tapioca store and saw at the corner of my eye two old high school friends. I didn't want to interrupt them, but I also didn't want them to notice me either because I didn't want them to look at my awful skin. I felt so ashamed so I quickly left and hid my face with my hair.

If yall have any advice or tips on how to get rid of acne and acne scars, please let me know =/

See yall later~

2 comments:

miemiemie said...

Hmm.. Could it also be the detergent that you're currently using? I think I heard about that through Lorainne (thecurrentcustom) on youtube. She mentioned before that she was breaking out and had no idea what could have caused it, only later to find out that it was due to the new detergent or their softener I think. I don't remember what it was exactly but something like that.

I had episodes of allergic reactions back then. It was due to topical steroid withdrawal and it looked like I had acne but they were really irritating and painful rashes that had a white center. I stayed at home for 2 months on medications (steroids and antibiotics). Anyway, if I were you just stick with really mild products. Use baby products that won't irritate your skin. When going out, just wear big sunglasses so nobody would recognize you! I did that before when I had to go to my doctor or run some errands. It's inevitable that you'll bump into someone that you know.. Hmmm.. what else.. Its good that you're trying out healthy options to clear your skin. Stick with a diet that works for you and avoid skin irritants.

mandy said...

I'm curious of what your results will be like! I recently started to drink more fruit smoothies to help increase my fruit intake. But I am still a bit hesitant to try adding spinach into the mix.

I've been breaking out really bad lately too. I know how you feel about going outside. Even at home my parents always have to point out my breakouts as if I didn't know already...*sigh* I haven't pinpointed out the reason(s) why yet. But I've heard lots of people say it breakouts could be due to stress, milk/dairy products, unhealthy/junk foods, and such though. Right now it seems so hard to figure out just what is causing acne when anything could be the problem :(

Disclaimer

All products are 100% my opinions and thoughts. I am not paid to review any products I post. Use the product and advice/suggestions at your own discretion. Thank you!

Thanks for Visiting!