Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Revlon ColorStay Foundation for Combination/Oily skin in 150Buff Old version and New version

So I was eyeing Revlon ColorStay foundation for a while now since it is often raved about as an affordable foundation that stays put on your face and has a decent color range and lasts all day.

So I went to Kroger to find one version, though I cant tell which is the new and old version, and the one from Kroger had SULFUR in the ingredients! I bought it without knowing because the one online says it doesn't have sulfur. So of course I went to return the foundation immediately.

Then I went to CVS and found another version of the same product but this time WITHOUT SULFUR. I was like YEAAA BABYYYY and grabbed it immediately. I hope the new version is the one without sulfur so I can continue buying it, otherwise I'll have to buy it online.

This retails anywhere from $10-15 depending where you live and what store you go to.

150Buff is about an NC20. A smidgen light for my skin but it's the best match I can get. I'm probably an NC25 right now because of the summer tan but the color is still very workable with my skin.

The boyfriend approves. He said after I put this foundation on versus my Bourjois Healthy Serum foundation, he sees a difference. He says he can't see my acne scars except one fresh zit that protrudes from my skin. Other than that he says my skin looks perfect. Yay!

Keep in mind I've only ever put this on once so far for testing out. This isn't a full review. I will review this foundation later once I've tried it out in this hot and humid weather we have down in the south.

I will report back to yall in a month or two regarding this foundation after I've tested it out many times.

But so far so good! A $12 well spent. I would guess Walmart may have it for $10. Once I run out of this foundation I'll go to Walmart instead to buy it assuming I still like this foundation. I haven't felt this happy about foundation since my Skinfood Aloe Sun BB Cream. And this foundation beats the aloe sun BB cream in terms of how well it covers my skin. I hope this foundation doesn't break out my skin! That would be unfortunate. Even the Skinfood one breaks me out sometimes if I leave it on for too long.

The one thing I can say about this foundation, and the boyfriend agrees, is that you can tell I have foundation on. And it's mainly bc I had to layer the foundation to cover up my acne scars. From afar you can't really tell too much, but if I use less foundation my skin would probably look more natural. But honestly, since when does full foundation EVER look natural? It's to be expected so don't bash this product for something that's associated with all full cover foundations. This foundation can go from light coverage all the way to full, depending how many layers you put on.

One bad thing about this foundation so far is the packaging. THERE'S NO PUMP. That's annoying! I dispense too much foundation and it goes to waste =/. Revlon, invest in a pump--please!

Anyway, that's my post for the day. Have yall tried Revlon ColorStay Foundation for Combination Oily Skin? What do you think of it?

See yall later!

No comments:

Disclaimer

All products are 100% my opinions and thoughts. I am not paid to review any products I post. Use the product and advice/suggestions at your own discretion. Thank you!

Thanks for Visiting!