Thursday, October 3, 2013

My Fashion Sense Is Terrible

So I only recently realized how bad I am at coordinating outfits.

I buy pieces that look good by themselves, but don't look good when paired with other things.

It's only recently that I began buying clothes that go with one another because I had to think carefully what would I wear the item with in my closet. If I couldn't find anything to wear it with then I had to pass.

One thing I don't know how to pair up are my TopShop garter-and-stockings inspired tights. I wore it here on the blog once but I'd rather not redirect you to what it looked like because I am embarrassed about how terrible I coordinated the outfit.

I also realized that I don't really have a lot of blouses and tops that are appropriate. I mainly have tank tops and strapless tops etc and plain t-shirts, but nothing exciting. Again, it's only recent that I decided to put forth some effort to try to find blouses which is why I made my H&M and Gap purchases for my purple bow blouse(H&M) and gingham button down(Gap).

This is kind of why I don't blog about fashion much other than hauls because first and foremost, I don't have a professional camera to make my outfit look as good as the other fashion bloggers so my outfit ends up looking mediocre at best, and second, I know my outfits are nothing special so there's nothing to show, and third, I feel like my outfits aren't fashionably done well--bad coordination!

I've been looking at fashion blogs like extrapetite.com more lately to try to get inspiration for outfits. I'm looking at metallicpaws.com as well, which is an Australian blogger.

Something I want to find more of, but seem to cannot, is more fitted blouses that aren't a bag shape. For some reason that loose bag shape is in right now or tight crop tops, and I need something that's form fitting, but not a crop top. Any ideas?

Not that I can buy anything right now anyway since I'm on a shopping ban :( But getting ideas is always good

Alright I shall see yall later~ Let me know if yall have this same dilemma or if yall are the fortunate ones with a far better fashion sense than me lol

1 comment:

Nat said...

The more you research and "practice", the better you get at coordinating outfits. Don't worry, everyone has to start somewhere. The important thing is that you start =)

Disclaimer

All products are 100% my opinions and thoughts. I am not paid to review any products I post. Use the product and advice/suggestions at your own discretion. Thank you!

Thanks for Visiting!