Saturday, December 28, 2013

PURCHASED and REVIEW: Etude House Play Color Eyes in the colors So Chic Play

So I bought about a month ago (and just got it today) for about $25 (including shipping) on eBay the limited edition Etude House Play Color Eyes in the colors So Chic Play. The palette comes with 10 beautiful holiday (imo) colors that can be used year round. This palette comes with both shimmery and matte shades.

This is the sample picture of the eye shadows along with sample eye looks:


 photo sample_zps3ec08469.jpg

I feel like Coco Brown, Clutch Brown, and Pop Champagne can be used to create an everyday shimmery neutral eye look.

French Kiss, Misty Rose, and Diva I feel can be used together to create a "colored" neutral eye look, as shown in the sample left eye look.

Glam Forest and Midnight Star looks like it can be used to create a sparkly smokey eye look.

Sparkling Wine and Diva and perhaps Leopard Brown as well can be used to create something similar to the right sample eye look.

___________________

Let me review for you each color and then I'll show the pictures:

  1. Coco Brown: Is what it sounds like. It's a chocolate matte brown. Pigmented.
  2. Clutch Brown: More of an antique gold with a hint of brown. Shimmery. Pigmented.
  3. Pop Champagne: A light champagne gold. Great for inner eye to hilight. Sparkly. Fall outs. Pigmented.
  4. French Kiss: A matte whisper pink that's slightly ballet pink. Medium pigmentation.
  5. Misty Rose: Despite the name, it's slightly pinky lilac in color. Matte. Medium pigmentation.
  6. Diva: A burgundy slightly shimmery shade. Pigmented.
  7. Glam Forest: Leans more sparkly silver with a HINT of green. Pigmented.
  8. Midnight Star: Sparkly blue-black color. Medium pigmentation
  9. Sparkling Wine: Not as bright and light as in the pan. It's more of a very muted shimmery raspberry pink. Medium pigmentation.
  10. Leopard Brown: A deep brown that's leaning almost black but is still very brown. Much darker than Coco Brown. Pigmented

Now onward to pictures!


 photo IMG_8691watermark_zps35584edb.jpg

 photo IMG_8686watermark_zps7b04e1b5.jpg

 photo IMG_8687watermark_zps8fa5485d.jpg

 photo IMG_8688watermark_zps34733ec5.jpg

 photo IMG_8689watermark_zpsc1a0b2ec.jpg

 photo IMG_8690watermark_zps7841d6d0.jpg

 photo IMG_8685watermark_zpsb3419d99.jpg
I did a look using Sparking Wine(all over eyelid), Diva(outer V of eyes), and Pop Champagne (inner eye for hilight). I know you can't see the eyeshadow colors since my eyelid space is very small xD

 photo IMG_8681watermark_zps27077b67.jpg

 photo IMG_8679watermark_zps8f809a76.jpg

 photo IMG_8674watermark_zps8ff260ee.jpg
Hopefully you can see the colors a bit better in this brighter picture

Oh and I'm wearing Maybelline Color Elixir Color Sensational Lip Color in Caviar Couture

I tried to take pictures where there wasn't junk in the picture since an anonymous commenter mentioned how dirty my room is in pictures. I can't really remove my TV antenna and I can't really move my desk outside of a picture being taken and I can't really move some of my other belongings. People with lots of stuff and less room will understand the challenge of storing things so that it looks nice. But I will continue to work on cleaning my room! So far all my clothes are up in my closet hanging. I just gotta remove some other stuff I suppose and put it either under my bed or in my closet if there is any room left.

If yall have any questions about the palette don't hesitate to comment down below! I respond quite quickly, usually within hours or one day.

Mk I'll see yall later!

2 comments:

Nat said...

It looks like a nice palette! Great look on you too. I completely get what you mean when dealing with a small space. I had to throw away a lot of knick knacks away because I had too many! Now I've stopped buying those kind of things because I really don't need all of them haha.

I hope you had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Nat said...

It looks like a nice palette! Great look on you too. I completely get what you mean when dealing with a small space. I had to throw away a lot of knick knacks away because I had too many! Now I've stopped buying those kind of things because I really don't need all of them haha.

I hope you had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Disclaimer

All products are 100% my opinions and thoughts. I am not paid to review any products I post. Use the product and advice/suggestions at your own discretion. Thank you!

Thanks for Visiting!