Friday, June 13, 2014

REVIEW on my UPDATED Holy Grail Mascara: Maybelline One by One Mascara in WATERPROOF

So it is highly important I stress to you this is about the WATERPROOF version because I personally feel, although I have not tried the non-waterproof version, that the regular version would not carry one of the important aspects of this mascara.

Anyway, lets get on with the review.

Description taken from their website:

"Finally, bold volume without any of the bulk.

  • Patented Lash Catcher brush has 3 bristles per lash to make every lash count
  • Catches, coats, and de-clumps each lash to make them all fatter and flirtier
  • Instant clump-free volume
  • Contact lens safe and ophthalmologist-tested
  • Waterproof, also available in Washable formula"

Does it live up to the claims?


  1.  Yes, it is clump free while providing volume after about 2-3 coats
  2. It also provides some length, but not a crazy amount
  3. I wear contact lenses and it doesn't bother my eyes
  4. I have cried lightly in this mascara and it wasn't running down my face, so from my experience it's waterproof
Other perks:
  • IT HOLDS A CURL OMG. There are so many mascaras that just can't hold a curl but this one can very well, especially with my Asian straight lashes
  • It's very affordable since it's a drugstore item
    • Stores like CVS and Walgreens sometimes has BOGO50% off Maybelline items so be on the look out
  • Readily found in most stores, such as Target, Walmart, grocery stores, CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc
Drawbacks:
  • Because it's waterproof, it is hard to get off, even with an oil-based makeup remover. 
Onward to pictures!


 photo IMG_7530watermark_zps2cc48ab8.jpg

 photo IMG_7531_zps1704abbc.jpg

 photo IMG_7514_zpsb90ffd4b.jpg

 photo IMG_7513_zpsf21f1b85.jpg

 photo IMG_7518_zps82ed4604.jpg

 photo IMG_7520_zps2d6295b6.jpg

Also, just to note, I used a Koji No.71 Eyelash curler to curl my lashes. Ever since I started using No.71, I never went back to any other mediocre eyelashcurler. But it is time for me to get a new No.71 curler because the rubber pad on the one I currently have is worn out.

I will update this post once I get back to Tuscaloosa to make a review video. I don't have my tripod with me here in Houston so I cannot film :(

Alright I hope this helps some of yall out. Let me know in the comments about your thoughts on this mascara!

See yall later

No comments:

Disclaimer

All products are 100% my opinions and thoughts. I am not paid to review any products I post. Use the product and advice/suggestions at your own discretion. Thank you!

Thanks for Visiting!